Thursday, September 11, 2008

Exhaustion during vitrectomy recovery

Wondering if you have heard of any symptoms such as tiredness or foggy head during the bubble dissipatingstage. 10 days ago, I felt great and on the mend. Then, as the bubble started to divide, I noticed feeling exhausted. I feel like I'm not myself 5 weeks after surgery!The surgeon changed from my steroid drops to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory two days ago. I noticed aslight improvement but still exhausted.Ever heard of these symptoms in the late stages of bubble dissipation?

Dear Anonymous:
A feeling of nausea or seasickness from the movement of the bubble as it becomes visible is not an uncommon complaint. It sways in the eye with movement and gives the effect of looking out at an ocean from a boat. The complaint of exhaustion I am not familiar with however. You have done the right thing by mentioning it to your surgeon and I would advise you to continue keeping him or her informed. I would like to hear from anybody else who has experienced these symptoms of exhaustion or foggy head.

No comments:

Post a Comment