Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Vitrectomy while pregnant.

Hi, I came across your blog and website while looking into vitrectomy recovery options. I am likely to have my second surgery this coming friday. I had a scleral placed a week ago that unfortunately did not completely fix my retinal detachment. My doctor said the vitrectomy with the gas bubble is the next option, one were we hoping to avoid. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant, and so of course the face down recovery is presenting some interesting issues since obviously my stomach is going to be in the way. I was wondering if anything that your company has may be useful for the recovery, maybe even cushions geared towards the obese that may be able to support and pad the stomach area in my situation. Thanks for any advice you can offer. ~Beth

Beth:

There is a product used for massages on pregnant women called the Prego Pillow. www.pregopillow.com The spa I went to used one when I was pregnant and it was pretty good. I have considered adding one to my product line several times. Good luck!
Toni Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment